Copyright © 2014 San Pawl Local Council. All Rights Reserved.
San Pawl Local Council Facebook page
Services rendered by the Council

Tel 21585888
Collection of dead animals
Please call our offices for the collection of dead animals in public spaces (urban or non urban area). Please indicate exact location.

Maintenance of Traffic Signs and Road Markings
The Council makes sure that traffic signs and road markings are kept in good condition for the safety in our roads. Unfortunately, a lot of signs need to be changed continuously because of vandalism.

Road Maintenance
Maintenance of Parks, Gardens and Public Spaces- Parks, Gardens and other public spaces in the locality are maintained by the Council. It is not permitted to plant trees/plants in public spaces without the permit of the council, otherwise they will be removed immediately. Please help us keep our locality in a good condition. If you have any information/details about vandals/vandalism please report immediately to the Local Council or police.

Barbeques are only allowed in designated barbeque areas. Groups organising a barbeque must obtain a permit from the Local Council. The date must be booked beforehand. The Council charges a fee according to the Regulations. A permit must also be obtained for the use of generator or sound system.

Barbeques are not permitted on the beach area.

Services for the Elderly
Kartanzjan - Persons loosing their Kartanzjan can call at the Councilís office during office hours. We will apply for a new one.

Telecare Service - If you wish to apply for Telecare service please contact us by phone or personally during office hours.

Permits from Local Council
Regulations of 2002 regarding Activities requiring a Local Councilís permit

- Placing of skip in public property
- Placing of kiddie ride machines in public property
- Deposit of building material in public property
- Deposit and use of crane and machinery
- Placing of tables and chairs in public property for catering services
- Placing of kiosk
- Occasional Entertainment

A fee may be charged according to the Regulations.
The Council may deem necessary to commission a Local Warden for the duration of works.

Trenching Works

All trenching works require a permit from the Local Council and other entities accordingly.

Permit for Plant Maintenance and Street/Road Surface Repair Works not exceeding the total surface area of 5.00sq.m. and maximum of 1.5m in depth.

Applications can be obtained from the Councilís office. A certificate from an insurance is required. Permit is then issued from the Local Council according to Legal Notice 313 of 2002.

Permits for:
- the excavation of long trenches with a size over 5 sq m in surface area, by one and a half metres in depth
- road scarifying and resurfacing
- new construction of a road
- reinforcement of abutting road

An application for TP1 can be registered at the Local Councilís office, at the Malta Transport Authority or any other entity. After the approval from various entities, the permit is then issued by the MTA according to Chapter 10, section 29 - Code of Police Laws.

Trading Licences
Payments for Trading Licences for the year 2014 are being accepted at the Councilís Office between 7.30am and 12.00noon. An automated receipt and certificate is issued with each payment.

Rents on Government property
Payment on presentation of invoice from the Lands Department can be made at the Councilís office strictly between 7.30am and 12.00 noon. An automated receipt is given for each payment. Please present exact amount as on invoice.

Payment of Police and Local Wardenís Contraventions
Payments can be made at the Councilís Office strictly between 7.30am and 12.00noon from Monday to Fridays (except Public Holidays). No payments can be accepted less than 3 working days from date of tribunal sitting. An automated receipt is given for each payment.

Other services
Feel free to phone at the Councilís office during office hours if you have any query.